So maybe you have visited the beautiful Emerald Coast and you are thinking to yourself that I might want to buy a condo while I am out there. Seems like a pretty good investment. Well, these are
What Is Life Like In Crestview Florida - Things To Know
Dated: November 6 2020
So, you are thinking of moving to Crestview and you want to know the pros and cons of living in Crestview. Well after talking with dozens of our past clients and friends who live in Crestview, we came up with our Pros and Cons list for living in Crestview.
Honestly, we love all the phone calls, emails, and texts we get every single day of people moving to the Emerald Coast! If you are thinking about moving or relocating, make sure you reach out to us, give us a call, send a text, shoot us an email, or send that carrier pigeon our way. However, you would like to get a hold of us, we have your back when moving to the Florida Panhandle!
With a little help from past clients and friends, we came up with this little list of Pros and Cons about living in Crestview. We are going to jump right into our pros and cons list, but you MUST stick around for our last pro! You do not want to miss it.
I like looking at the positives, so let us start with a “Pro” of living in Crestview.
Pro #1 – Family and Military friendly
Amazing neighbors who welcome you into the neighborhood! Really family-friendly here. Due to Crestview being located near the military bases, it is military friendly.
Con #1 – Lack of great shopping
Yes, you do have some shopping outlets but if you like to shop in big malls or even outlet malls then you will need to travel to get to them. Let us look at the map and see just how far some shopping spots are!
1. Destin is known for shopping!
· Destin Commons is nearly 41 minutes away
· Destin’s Silversands Outlet Mall is a near 53 minutes away. There could be some construction on the main road.
2. Fort Walton Beach Shopping
· Santa Rosa Mall is nearly 41 minutes away. You will have other shopping outlets near as well. Including a TJ Maxx & Bealls.
· Target, YES! We get asked this one a lot! Target is nearly 45 minutes away!
3. Pensacola Shopping
· Cordova Mall is nearly 51 minutes away and there are tons of shopping here!
Pro #2 – Away from all the tourist spots!
During the summer months, spring breaks, and holidays, the Beach areas can get a little crowded. Living in Crestview you do not have to worry about all the tourist and crazy spring breakers! Less traffic for you! Unless you go into the major tourist cities. Then you are going to get in long lines and busy traffic.
Con #2 – Since I just mentioned traffic then let us jump into con #3, TRAFFIC!
Due to the bases being near Crestview, there will be some heavy traffic at certain times of the day. They all let out around the same time. Just remember that anywhere you live, there is going to be some traffic.
Pro #3 – I mentioned family-friendly, well let us check out Pro #3 and that’s Twin Hills Park!
Twin Hills Park has everything! Including:
· Basketball Court
· Football field
· Soccer Field
· Volleyball court
· Tennis Courts
· Picnic/Charcoal Grills
· Indoor Gymnasium
· Lastly, an AMAZING Children’s Park!
This Park is 24 acres! SO much to do and so much fun for the family! Plan a day right here at Twin Hills Park!
Con #3 – Lack of Entertainment
Let us look at the time and distance from Crestview to the 3 major areas.
· Crestview to Okaloosa Island is nearly 45 minutes away.
· Crestview to Pensacola Beach is nearly 1 hour and possibly a few minutes more. All depending on traffic. Due to Hurricane Sally, our 3-mile bridge is out so Garcon Point Bridge can be backed up at times. Do check for the toll. They have been waiving the toll fee but there is talk of them going back to charging. You can always get off at 87 and go down to 98 in Navarre and then driving over to Pensacola Beach. Please note, Pensacola Beach does have a $1 toll fee. Don't worry! It is totally worth it! There is so much to do at Pensacola Beach.
Pro #4 – Centrally Located
Living right here in Crestview, you are not only away from the tourist, but you are still so close to the major areas! Head down to the beaches, more restaurants, more entertainment, and great shopping!
Con #4 – If you are a beachgoer. I mean you love going to the beach 3+ times a week. You are not as close to our beautiful emerald water!
· Crestview to Okaloosa Island is nearly 45 minutes away.
· Crestview to Pensacola Beach is nearly 1 hour and possibly a few minutes more. All depending on traffic. Due to Hurricane Sally, our 3-mile bridge is out so Garcon Point Bridge can be backed up at times. Do check for the toll. They have been waiving but there is talk of them going back to charging. You can always get off at 87 and go down to 98 in Navarre and then driving over to Pensacola Beach. Please note again, Pensacola Beach does have a $1 toll fee. Totally worth it though!
Pro #5 – Our last one! I think the Pros will outweigh the Cons! LOWER COST OF LIVING!
· The lower sale price of homes meaning: More bang for your buck!
o More sq ft for the price
o More land
Don’t forget that if you are wanting to move into the Crestview or surrounding areas to give us a call, shoot a text, send an email, or even a little comment down below – however you would like to get a hold of us, we will be here. That is it, LET’S GO TO THE BEACH!
Latest Blog Posts
Want to see the Niceville Farmers Market? Come with me!Hi everybody, it is Andi G with the Emerald Group right here in the beautiful Fort Walton Beach, Florida. Today we are going to be taking a
One of the most common questions I got asked from vacation renters who are renting a condo is “What it looks like to purchase a condo?”. Today I am going to give a live example, and I am
So you are thinking about moving to the Emerald Coast, but you are not sure which area is best for you. Well in today’s video that is exactly what we are talking about. We are going to break